Applying a video popup on your website is one of the most effective strategies that helps to build successful video marketing campaigns. Due to following the step-by-step instructions presented in this knowledge base, you will learn how to make an eye-catching video popup thus making your offers as attractive as possible. The video popup supports YouTube, Vimeo and DailyMotion video formats. If your video format is not of the mentioned types, you can use the HTML popup.
Steps to Follow1.In your dashboard, go to the “Popup Builder” section and click on “Add New”
2.Select the “Video” popup type from the menu
3. Then, enter a title for your video popup (visible to the admin only)
4. Pass on to the following video popup options and set up configurations specific to the video popup type. Enter the URL of your video in the “Video Popup Main Options” section. If you check the “Autoplay” option in “Video Popup Additional Options” section, the video in the popup will start playing automatically after the page is loaded.
5. Then, choose “Selected posts” option from the dropdown menu in the “Display Rule” section if you want to show your video popup on a particular post (posts). In the “Is or is not” option select “is” from the dropdown menu. Well done! Now, in the “Select Your Posts” option, start typing the name of the post where you want the video popup to appear, click to select the post.
6. Now, you can add an event to the video popup in the following “Popup Events” section. Let’s select the “onload” event as an example. Setting the “onload” event delay to 0 seconds in the “Delay” field will make the popup appear as soon as the page is loaded (with no delay). If you do not specify the popup appearance delay, the window will show up with no delay by default.
7. Setting up the dimensions of your video popup, you can leave the default value of 60% for the Width and Height of the popup window. In case you want to set other dimensions, you can certainly change the default value.
Let’s have a look at a sample Video popup